Charlene is a Senior Associate in the finance practice focusing on securitisation and structured finance transactions, including both public and private securitisations, warehouse lending, portfolio sales and forward flows.
She acts for a broad base of clients including borrowers, originators (including fintech and specialist originators), lenders and arrangers in relation to a wide range of asset classes including residential mortgages, consumer lending, auto loans and asset finance. Charlene has also advised on ground-breaking transactions in the UK and Europe including the financing of airport landing slots.
Experience & expertise
- BNP Paribas and Citigroup Global Markets Limited as joint arrangers and joint lead managers on the debut securitisation by Haydock Finance Limited of asset finance leases and hire-purchase agreements (Hermitage 2023)
- Pepper Money on its public securitisations of first charge mortgages in the UK (Polaris 2021-1 and 2022-1)
- UK Mortgage Lending (Pepper Money) on a number of their public securitisations (including their debut securitisation Castell 2017 and subsequent securitisations including most recently Castell 2023-1) and various warehouses of portfolios of second charge mortgages in the UK
- Blue Motor Finance (a specialist auto hire purchase originator) on a number of warehouse facilities, forward flow transactions and portfolio disposals
- LendInvest on its debut securitisation (Mortimer 2019-1) and subsequent securitisations of buy-to-let mortgage loans and various of its warehouse financings
- Pepper Spain on its public and private ABS transactions, including its inaugural Pepper Iberia ABS
- Virgin Atlantic on its landmark securitisation financing using its take-off and landing slot portfolio at London Heathrow. This was the first ever transaction to be successfully completed for this asset class in Europe