Catherine is a solicitor in the Intellectual Property Disputes team in Melbourne.
Catherine’s practice is in intellectual property advice and dispute resolution.
Her experience spans all aspects of intellectual property, including patents, trade marks, copyright, plant breeder’s rights, passing off, consumer law and confidential information.
Catherine also advises clients on regulatory issues relating to health services, the advertising of therapeutic goods and green claims.
Catherine holds a Bachelor of Laws (First Class Honours) and Bachelor of Science (majoring in Biomedical Sciences) from the University of Queensland.
Catherine is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria, the Federal Court of Australia, and the High Court of Australia.
Catherine has worked across the firm’s Brisbane and Melbourne offices.
Experience & expertise
- Godfrey Hirst Australia in relation to Supreme Court litigation involving claims of copyright infringement, breach of contract and breaches of confidence
- Fonterra Co-operative Group in Australian patent litigation
- an online Australian health clinic in relation to the advertising and supply of products and services, issues relating to misleading and deceptive conduct and therapeutic goods advertising regulations
- an international pharmaceutical company on its patent term extension strategy
- clients from the superannuation, resources and healthcare sectors on the regulation of ‘green’ claims