Casey is an intellectual property lawyer with experience in all aspects of trade marks practice and portfolio management.
Casey is a trade mark specialist who prides herself on being an approachable and dedicated advisor, managing local and overseas trade mark portfolios of Australian and multinational clients.
Casey’s experience extends to all aspects of trade marks practice including portfolio management, global clearance advice and watches, strategy, enforcement and oppositions across a wide range of sectors, including consumer, food and beverage, automotive, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, banking and government and public sector.
Casey has assisted with the prosecution and management of several iconic Australian-based brands such as Transport for NSW, Commonwealth Bank, Qantas/Jetstar, Australian Pacific Touring and Treasury Wine Estates.
Casey holds a Bachelor of Laws (Graduate entry) from La Trobe University, and a Bachelor of Arts/Education (Secondary) from Monash University. Casey was admitted to practice in Victoria in 2018. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Casey worked in hospitality management for over 10 years while completing her university degrees.
Experience & expertise
- advising Ampol and Worley on major international rebrands
- advising Iluka Resources on management of over 200 trade marks across 49 countries and providing strategic branding and clearance advice across multiple jurisdictions in connection with the demerger of Deterra Royalties
- advising and preparing all stages of evidence and hearing submissions for Acorn Capital in successful opposition proceedings before the Australian trade marks’ office
- providing strategic branding and multi-jurisdictional clearance advice to multiple start-up technology companies
- advising Treasury Wine Estates on regular policing of international trade mark watches and ELISS wine label database searches
- acting as a volunteer solicitor and a supervisor to junior solicitors for the probono Justice Connect Women’s Homelessness Prevention Project