Carrisa specialises in commercial disputes at Herbert Smith Freehills Prolegis.
Carrisa has broad experience in commercial disputes matters and has been involved in complex litigation files at all levels of the Singapore courts. She has assisted in arbitration-related litigation, ranging from setting aside applications to enforcement of awards. Her practice also focuses on advising on general contractual disputes and employment-related disputes.
Carrisa graduated from the Singapore Management University. Prior to joining the firm, Carrisa trained at one of the top commercial disputes teams in Singapore. She is currently admitted to the Singapore bar.
Experience & expertise
- successfully assisted in resisting an application before the Court of Appeal for various confidentiality and sealing orders in arbitration-related court proceedings
- involved in enforcement proceedings of an arbitral award amounting to USD 93.3 million against a foreign state's assets
- assisted in drafting opinion advising on the merits of a potential setting aside application on behalf of the subsidiary of an international media company in relation to the valuation of shares valued in excess of USD 30 million
- successfully assisted on an appeal before the Appellate Division of the High Court in relation to various company law-related issues
- successfully representing an engineering company in a striking out application in relation to an alleged wrongful dismissal claim
*experience gained prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills Prolegis