Carmen is a finance lawyer with wide experience in all kind of structured finance transactions.
She advises banks, alternative lenders, borrowers and sponsors on structuring and implementing all type of finance transactions, including acquisition and leveraged finance, real estate finance, project finance and restructuring and refinancing transactions, with special focus in the private equity, energy, infrastructure and real estate sectors. Additionally, she has also significant experience in advising in distress transactions and restructuring processes.
Accolades and recognition
"Carmen Jara has a strong capacity to deliver and get things done in due time.", Chambers Europe 2023 – Spain (Banking and finance)
"She always has a constructive attitude in negotiations. Having her with us we feel very safe and very comfortable.", Chambers Europe 2022 – Spain (Banking and finance)
Carmen has a dual degree in Law and Business administration (E-3) by Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE) in Madrid. She speaks Spanish and English. She is admitted in the Ilustre Colegio de la Abogacía de Madrid (ICAM – Madrid Bar Association).
Experience & expertise
- a Spanish financial institution, as creditor, on the restructuring of the debt of a Spanish maritime transport company. The transaction is one of the largest restructuring processes currently ongoing in the Spanish market
- Natixis and a syndicate of lenders on (i) the restructuring and refinancing of the debt of Healthcare Activos and (ii) the financing for the acquisition of Maquavit, a company owning of certain property assets in the health sector, including care homes and clinics
- Banco Santander on (i) the financing, granted to a SPV controlled by Alantra, for the acquisition of Grupo Hiperbaric, an innovative industrial company exclusively dedicated to High Pressure Processing technology and (ii) a syndicate of lenders including Banco Santander, Caixabank, Banco Sabadell, Ibercaja, Bankinter, Banca March and Caja Rural de Burgos on the financing to be granted to Hiperbaric for the purposes of refinancing its existing indebtedness
- Magnum Industrial Partners on the financing, granted by BBVA, for the acquisition of a stake in SunMedia, one of the largest AdTech companies in Spain
- Alantra Capital on the financing, granted by BBVA, for the acquisition of a majority stake in Aceitunas Guadalquivir (Agolives), one of the major exporters of olives worldwide