Carla is an experienced litigator specialising in the resolution of disputes in the construction, energy and infrastructure sectors.
Carla has 13 years’ experience working with industry participants to resolve complex construction law claims on some of Australia’s largest projects.
Carla has significant experience in claims management and dispute avoidance strategies, and has a strong focus on the provision of commercially relevant strategic advice. Carla has also practiced extensively in Supreme Court litigation, arbitration (both domestic and international), expert dispute resolution processes, mediation and adjudication processes.
Carla holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Melbourne. She is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria and the Federal and High Courts of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- Thiess John Holland in a domestic arbitration arising from alliancing contracts on the A$5 billion Brisbane Airport Link project
- A global infrastructure company in expert determination proceedings regarding one of its Victorian assets
- Aegis Correctional Partnership in relation to contentious issues arising from the construction of the Hopkins Correctional Facility PPP
- The D&C Contractor in respect of contentious issues on the $3.5 billion Victorian Desalination Project
- A developer in litigation in the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal of Victoria regarding complex disputes arising from a residential building development, involving both construction law and insolvency issues
- Rubicon Offshore International in a chess clock international arbitration regarding termination of a charter contract of an FPSO
- A major international mining company to resolve claims brought by a contractor in relation to a tailings storage facility expansion project
- A major building contractor in relation to obligations arising under an early contractor involvement deed