Carl is a disputes lawyer specialising in complex and strategically significant matters.
Carl has extensive experience with leading global firms and has practised in both Australia and the United Kingdom. He regularly undertakes leadership roles in large teams working on complex disputes across a variety of sectors including energy and resources, information technology, banking and finance, and regulatory prosecutions, although he also advises on discrete matters.
Experience & expertise
- defending an English domiciled parent company from a parental company liability class action alleging abuses by employees of its African subsidiaries
- acting in a long running dispute with geopolitical implications relating to the continuation of one of Australia’s largest iron ore mining projects
- protecting the interests of a high net-worth individual in relation to an alleged multi-jurisdictional fraudulent scheme to hide funds within a complex structure of onshore and offshore investment trusts and companies
- defending a major iron ore producer from claims made by a New York hedge fund in relation to a hybrid mezzanine component of a multi-billion dollar finance deal
- defending the former Chairman of the Australian Wheat Board in respect of alleged breaches of directors’ duties arising from violations of the UN oil-for-food sanctions against Iraq