Carey-Anne is a director in the project development and finance team.
Carey-Anne specialises in debt and equity aspects of project finance and public private partnerships. She has advised clients on several limited recourse project finance transactions (including across the energy, resources and infrastructure sectors), equity investments, partnerships and joint ventures as well as syndicated and term loans.
Carey-Anne has also advised numerous clients in relation to accommodation, telecommunications, renewable energy, toll road and various road related infrastructure projects, as well as captive power projects and independent funding of renewable energy projects in Africa.
- Named by Legal 500 2022 as a legal expert
- Named by Best Lawyers 2021 as a leading individual
- Named by IFLR1000 2021 - 2022 as a leading lawyer
- Ranked by IFLR1000 2022 as an expert consultant
LLM (Commercial law), University of the Witwatersrand, 2010
LLB, University of Johannesburg, 2008
Admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa
Experience & expertise
- advising an international bottling company on its captive power projects in Kenya, Uganda and Mozambique*
- advising a group of lenders on the release and retaking of security following a share sale transaction by one of the minority shareholders in a REIPPP Project*
- advising a DFI Lender in relation to a loan to a contemporary to part finance renewable energy projects in various East African jurisdictions*
- advising a group of lenders on the renewal of a DSRA facility in a REIPPP Project*
- acted as lead adviser to the shareholders in relation to one of the largest BEE portfolio financings, across 8 renewable energy projects*
* Experience prior to joining HSF in September 2022