Candice is a dispute resolution associate in the Johannesburg office.
Candice has experience in a broad range of commercial disputes. She also has experience in public law, investigations, and anti-bribery and corruption.
Candice worked at a local commercial law firm in Johannesburg before and after she was admitted as an attorney in 2018. She joined Herbert Smith Freehills in April 2022.
- BA (Law and Philosophy): University of the Witwatersrand
- LLB (cum laude): University of the Witwatersrand
- MA (Applied Ethics): University of the Witwatersrand
Experience & expertise
- acting for an international bank on review proceedings brought by two state-owned entities relating to the sale of strategic crude oil stocks*
- acting for an international logistics company in ICC arbitration proceedings over the loss of a consignment of gold doré bars*
- acting for a number of sub-Saharan banks in proceedings brought against them regarding alleged breaches of a complex debt rescheduling arrangement in respect of a listed micro-lender*
- acting for an individual, on a pro bono basis, up to and in the Constitutional Court, in proceedings concerning the retrospective effect of presidential pardons*
*Experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills