Camille is a Senior Associate in the Disputes team, specialising in complex disputes and contentious regulatory matters.
Camille specialises in complex disputes (including class actions and commissions of inquiry) and contentious regulatory matters. She has experience acting for a broad range of corporate clients, with a particular focus on financial services. Camille also has experience in investigations and a particular interest in cyber and data disputes. Camille is currently based in Melbourne, having previously practised for many years in London, and having qualified and practised in Brisbane.
Camille holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Bachelor of Business (Economics) from Queensland University of Technology.
Camille is currently admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria and the High Court of Australia and has previously practised as a registered foreign lawyer in England and Wales.
Experience & expertise
- a major Australian retail bank in relation to an ASIC investigation and Federal Court proceedings involving alleged contraventions of the National Consumer Credit Protection Act
- a major Australian retail bank in relation to a class action brought in relation to the sale of retail products
- a Swiss private bank in relation to a major multi-party cross-border bribery and dishonest assistance claim issued in the High Court of England and Wales
- a major bank in relation to a portfolio of consumer finance disputes, and various related issues, arising from the sale of retail products
- a major bank, and an association of financial institutions, in regulatory investigations, consultations and other forms of engagement with regulators and other statutory bodies, including the FCA and the PSR
- various banks and a British university in contentious data disputes, including in the High Court and Court of Appeal of England and Wales
- a FinTech bank in relation to various ad hoc litigation issues and the implementation of processes to assist the bank’s legal function to respond to disputes
- a multinational corporate client in relation to various matters arising from a crisis, including by advising its crisis management team, representing the client in a large-scale public inquiry, and advising in relation to various related matters