Calan Eskandar Shamsudin
Calan is an associate specialising in international arbitration and construction and infrastructure disputes.
Calan represents and advises international clients in cross-border construction and infrastructure disputes. Calan has experience in litigation in Malaysian courts on a wide range of disputes including, high-value white-collar crime disputes, construction disputes and complex contractual disputes.
Calan holds a Bachelor of Laws from Cardiff University and a master's in International Commercial Law from the University of Bristol. He completed his Bar Professional Training Course at BPP University Bristol and was admitted to the Bar of England and Wales in 2019.
Calan is fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
Experience & expertise
- A German engineering company in a dispute arising from a supply and services agreement with a Chinese state-owned company
- An Egyptian power company in a dispute arising out of a power purchase agreement with the Egyptian power authority.
- A Malaysian Government-linked investment Company in the negotiation of a USD673 million settlement with a regional bank due to professional negligence
- A publicly listed Malaysian engineering services company in a USD47 million dispute with a Government-linked construction company
- A Malaysian sovereign wealth fund as part of their internal legal team