César is an associate in the Paris office's Dispute Resolution team, with a focus on the finance, banking and insurance sectors.
César has assisted numerous financial institutions, whether in civil or commercial litigation, or in disciplinary proceedings before the AMF (French Financial Markets Authority) or the ACPR (French banking and insurance supervisory authority). He also has extensive experience in conducting internal investigations for financial institutions, in particular in relation to suspected market abuse.
César has spoken at a number of conferences on financial and insurance regulation, and also co-manages an annual training session on market abuse for police officers at the École de la Bourse (Euronext Paris).
César has also been recognised as a 'Key Lawyer' in Insurance, by Legal 500 (2023).
César holds a Master's degree in Financial Law from University Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne and a Master's degree in Management from SKEMA Business School, where he completed a double degree in Business Law. He was admitted to the Paris Bar in November 2017.
Experience & expertise
- an international investment firm on an internal investigation into suspected market abuse by one of its traders
- a leading insurance company in disciplinary proceedings before the ACPR's Sanctions Commission in connection with its supplementary pension business
- an Anglo-Saxon broker in proceedings before the AMF's Enforcement Committee for market manipulation.
- an asset management company in disciplinary proceedings before the AMF Enforcement Committee for various breaches of its professional obligations.
- a leading credit institution before the commercial courts in connection with multiple shareholder disputes