César regularly acts on behalf of investment banks, fund managers and other financial institutions in contentious matters. His experience covers all aspects of contentious regulatory matters such as internal investigations, representing financial institutions and their employees who are under investigation by regulators, and representing clients in enforcement and disciplinary proceedings brought by the AMF or the ACPR.
César is an Associate who has been working in Antoine Juaristi's team since October 2016. He already knew the team after having worked with them as a trainee. He joined the Dispute Resolution team at Herbert Smith Freehills Paris in January 2017.
His background is strongly focused on financial and banking fields. He completed six months in the Legal Department of CIC, five months within the Corporate and Financial Services department at Fieldfisher, and finally five months within the International Capital Markets department at Gide Loyrette Nouel.
César's experience includes:
- assistance to a subsidiary of an asset management company in AMF disciplinary proceedings regarding its temporary purchase and sale of securities
- a French bank in relation to a potential market abuse on the market of sovereign bonds*
- successfully advised an international corporate and investment bank in the context of an investigation carried out by the AMF regarding its process and control rules in place and market abuse prevention systems
- successfully assisted an insurance company in relation to an investigation carried out by the French Prudential Authority (ACPR)
- advising French bank in relation to retail banking litigation. The loan's subscribers alleged that they were given potential misinformation by the local banks in relation to interest rate's calculation
*Credentials acquired prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills.