Brad works with private providers of health and aged care services, both for profit and not for profit on negotiated acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures and regulatory advice, and has acted in several Australian Government privatisations.
His knowledge of these sectors and their regulatory frameworks helps clients to achieve strong commercial outcomes.
Brad has worked with clients on the privatisation of public hospitals and public pathology and diagnostic imaging services; the development of co-located private hospitals situated on the campuses of public hospitals; and the consolidation of the health and aged care sectors, through numerous acquisitions and divestments of private hospitals, medical and dental centres, pathology businesses, diagnostic imaging businesses, health services and health-related businesses and residential aged care facilities.
His peers have selected him for inclusion in the Australian Financial Review Best Lawyers list for health and aged care each year since its inception in 2008.
He has also been a member of the teams which advised the Commonwealth Government in relation to the strategic review of ASC Pty Ltd in 2015; the initial public offering of Medibank Private Limited in 2014; the scoping study for the sale of Medibank Private Limited in 2013/14; and the scoping study in relation to the ownership options for Australian Hearing Services in 2014.
Brad’s recent experience includes acting for:
- SurfStitch Group Limited on the acquisition of the Stab Magazine, Garage Entertainment and Surf Hardware businesses and their related institutional placements in 2015
- Bupa Australia/New Zealand in relation to an extensive restructure of the group in 2015
- SurfStitch Group Limited in relation to its initial public offering and the acquisition of the Surfdome business in 2014
- The Commonwealth Government in relation to the the Strategic Review of ASC Pty Ltd in 2015
- initial public offering of Medibank Private Limited in 2014, the Scoping Study in relation to the ownership options for Australian Hearing Services in 2014 and
- Bupa Australia’s acquisition of the Innovative Care group’s residential aged care facilities and development pipeline in 2013 and 2014 and the acquisition of Dental Corporation Holdings Limited by schemes of arrangement in 2013
Brad holds a Bachelor of Economics and a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from the University of Sydney. He joined Freehills in 1990 and was previously an associate to Justice Morling of the Federal Court of Australia.