Beverly has represented individuals, companies and sovereign states in cases in both English and Spanish, spanning a broad range of industry sectors, under the rules of institutions including the ICC, ICSID, LCIA, HKIAC, SIAC, SCC and UNCITRAL. Beverly has also acted as administrative secretary in international commercial arbitrations.
Beverly has been involved in several International Bar Association (IBA) initiatives, including acting as Secretary to the Chair of the IBA Conflicts of Interest Subcommittee, in the process of the evaluation and revision of the 2004 IBA Guidelines on Conflicts of Interest in International Arbitration. Beverly was also a member of the editing team of the IBA Arbitration Committee International Arbitration Country Guides and has acted as assistant to the editor of the IBA Litigation Guide and IBA Litigation Newsletter.
Prior to joining the firm, Beverly worked in the arbitration team of a leading Spanish law firm. Previous to this, she worked in the Sydney office of the dispute resolution group of a leading Australian law firm, where her practice focused on international disputes and international commercial and investment arbitration.
Beverly's experience includes:
- Representing The Kingdom of Spain in two investment arbitrations under the SCC and UNCITRAL Rules respectively, filed by multiple claimants who invested in the Spanish photovoltaic industry under the Energy Charter Treaty
- advising a large Spanish infrastructure developer and engineering company in a multifaceted dispute with an Indian infrastructure development company and State government entity relating to the construction, development and operation of a desalination plant in India. The dispute involves multiple court proceedings in India and two ICC arbitrations, seated in Paris and London and questions of Indian and Spanish law
- advising a Spanish construction company in the oil and gas sector in a claim for breach of contract filed in the Technology and Construction Court in England by a Danish oil and gas exploration and production company relating to the design, engineering and construction of two oil platforms in the North Sea
- advising a Spanish photovoltaic company in an ICC arbitration relating to a dispute with a Chinese supplier over quality defects in photovoltaic modules installed in plants constructed and operating in various European countries
- advising a Spanish engineering and construction company in an LCIA arbitration (Kenyan law) against a Kenyan State owned company relating to a dispute arising out of an EPC contract for the construction and development of an integrated electricity transmission network in Kenya
- advising a Spanish State owned company in an ICC arbitration (Brazilian law) with a Brazilian port operator relating to disputes arising out of an EPC Contract for the development of a large private port terminal in Brazil
- advising a Russian steel manufacturer on arbitration proceedings commenced in the Madrid Court of Arbitration, concerning a contractual dispute, subject to Spanish law, with a Spanish steel trading company
Beverly holds a Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Laws from the University of Technology Sydney and is admitted to practise law in New South Wales, Australia. Beverly also studied public international law at the University of Copenhagen, Denmark, holds a Diploma in International Commercial Arbitration from the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and Graduate Diploma in Spanish law from the University of Alcalá, Spain.