She acts for private equity sponsors, corporate borrowers and financial institutions on a broad range of financing transactions including leveraged buyouts, IPOs and general corporate refinancings.
Betty also has experience in cross-border financing transactions from her secondment in the general banking and aviation finance team in the Singapore office of Herbert Smith Freehills.
A selection of Betty’s experience includes acting for:
- Arrotex Pharmaceuticals on the financing of the merger between Arrow Pharmaceuticals and Apotex Australia, which created the largest generic pharmaceuticals player in Australia
- Cardno Limited and Intega Group Limited on the financing for the demerger of Intega from Cardno via a scheme of arrangement
- Kinetic (previously known as AATS Group) on the financing of the acquisition of Transit Australia Group
- Odyssey Private Equity on the financings of the acquisitions of Companion Brands and Sushi Sushi
- Pacific Equity Partners on the financing of the acquisition by IntelliHUB Holdings Pty Ltd (a JV between PEP and Landis+Gyr) of the Acumen electricity metering infrastructure business from Origin Energy
Betty holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance major) and Bachelor of Laws from the University of Sydney and is admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
Betty is also a fluent Mandarin and Cantonese speaker.