Ben has experience in a wide variety of domestic and cross-border financing transactions with a focus on acquisition and leveraged finance (acting as both lender and sponsor's counsel). He also works on syndicated lending transactions and general banking matters.
In 2017, Ben completed a secondment to Sky UK.
Ben's experience includes advising:
- a sponsor on the acquisition financing of its investment in a UK healthcare business
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch as sole underwriter and mandated lead arranger on the financing of GlaxoSmithKline plc's $5.1 billion acquisition of TESARO, Inc.
- Elementis plc on its US$1.05 billion acquisition financing for the purchase of Mondo Minerals Holding B.V.
- The mandated lead arrangers in relation to the acquisition financing of GlaxoSmithKline plc's $13 billion buyout of Novartis' 36.5% stake in their consumer healthcare joint venture
- Metric Capital Partners LLP on its debt and equity investment in a management buyout of a family-owned demolition, property and remediation business
Ben holds a Bachelor of Commerce and a Bachelor of Laws with Honours from Deakin University. He was admitted to practise law in Victoria in 2016 and worked in the firm's Melbourne office prior to moving to London.