Beatriz has broad experience advising banks, industrial clients and investment funds in transactions of renewable energy, infrastructure, mining and water sectors as well as projects. She advises clients in project development, M&A transactions, project financing transactions and equity capital markets transactions in Spain.
In particular, Beatriz has experience in advising banks, borrowers and sponsors in banking and finance matters. She focuses on acquisition finance, project finance and general corporate finance.
Likewise, Beatriz has experience in corporate law. She has advised domestic and international public and private companies on acquisitions, private equity and joint ventures.
Beatriz experience includes:
- DIF Infrastructure on the potential disposal of up to five Spanish PPP projects to a single buyer, within the transport and healthcare sectors
- Banco Santander, Caixabank, Banco Sabadell and Bank of Scotland plc, Sucursal de España on the restructuring of the PPP financing granted to a subsidiary of Sacyr Vallehermoso for the construction and development of a hospital project in Madrid
- Engie on (i) the acquisition of a minority stake in two companies developing nine wind farm projects; (ii) the negotiation of a shareholders' agreement; (iii) the drafting and negotiation of a long-term power purchase agreement (PPA) and other ancillary agreements and (iv) the negotiation of the finance documents of the projects
- Caixabank and Deutsche Bank London Branch, as lead joint managers, on the issue by VE Sonnedix Finance SA of €74 million 3.425% Guaranteed Senior Secured Notes due 2036, secured over assets and receivables of a portfolio of solar power projects in Spain
- First State Investments on the acquisition of Parkia, a leading pure off-street car park operator in Spain, from EQT Infrastructure and Mutua Madrileña
Degree in Law and Business Management in Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE E-3), degree partially pursued in Tilburg University, The Netherlands.
Beatriz joined the energy and infrastructure department of Herbert Smith Freehills in September 2010.