Barron is a commercial litigator with experience at all stages of the dispute resolution process. He has successfully represented clients in matters before state and federal courts. He also has experience defending investigations and enforcement actions brought by government regulators.
Barron is based in New York and is admitted to practice law in New York and Pennsylvania.
Barron's experience includes:
- representing a commodities trading company in several disputes arising from the delivery of allegedly off-specification or contaminated fuel oils
- representing a New York asset management firm in commercial contract dispute. Prevailed on cross motions to dismiss. Won dismissal of all claims against client and defeated opposing party’s motion. Lead attorney at oral argument*
- representing an individual defendant in multi-party commercial dispute involving alleged misuse of trade secrets. Obtained stay of all proceedings pending resolution of unrelated proceeding just before the start of discovery*
- representing a start-up tech company in a large regulatory investigation. Coordinated multi-firm document collection, review, and production*
- representing a large European financial institution in a high-profile financial fraud case*
- representing a large Chinese law firm in a breach of fiduciary duty case in New York federal district court*
- representing a K-8 educational institution in employment discrimination lawsuit brought by former employee. Obtained favourable settlement for client at mediation*
- representing a transgender minor pro bono in evidentiary hearings on an application for name change. Successfully obtained the relief requested*
*Indicates experience acquired at a previous firm.
Barron received his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School and his B.A. in History and Art History from Boston College. During law school, he was elected Editor-in-Chief of the University of Pennsylvania Journal of Constitutional Law and participated in the Civil Practice Clinic. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Barron was an associate at another New York law firm.