Barron is a commercial litigator with experience at all stages of the dispute resolution process. He has successfully represented clients in matters before state and federal courts. He also has experience defending investigations and enforcement actions brought by government regulators.
Barron is admitted to practice law in New York and Pennsylvania.
Barron's experience includes advising:
- asset management firm in commercial contract dispute. Prevailed on cross motions to dismiss. Won dismissal of all claims against client and defeated opposing party’s motion. Lead attorney at oral argument.*
- an individual defendant in multi-party commercial dispute involving alleged misuse of trade secrets. Obtained stay of all proceedings pending resolution of unrelated proceeding just before the start of discovery.*
- a start-up tech company in a large regulatory investigation. Coordinated multi-firm document collection, review, and production.*
- a large European financial institution in a high-profile financial fraud case.*
- an educational institution in employment discrimination lawsuit brought by former employee. Obtained favourable settlement for client at mediation.*
* - prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Barron received his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School and his B.A. in History and Art History from Boston College. During law school, he was elected Editor-in-Chief of the University of Pennsylvania Journal of Constitutional Law and participated in the Civil Practice Clinic. Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Barron was an associate at another New York law firm.