Barney works for clients in the financial services sector, providing advice in relation to general corporate and financial services regulatory matters, restructurings, business sales, capital raising and takeovers. He has extensive experience in advising on complex M&A and restructuring transactions for banks and asset managers.
Barney also has particular experience acting on transfers of insurance and banking business, cross border reinsurance arrangements and acquisition in the insurance and insurance intermediary sector.
His experience includes:
- Willis Group Holdings on its acquisition of an 85% partnership interest in Miller Insurance Services LLP
- Old Mutual plc on the disposal of Rogge Global Partners
- Lloyds Banking Group on the reorganisation of its life insurance businesses by way of Part VII transfer, involving the transfer of the business of seven insurers into a single vehicle
- a major international reinsurer on its ground-breaking €490 million reinsurance (with Deutsche Bank) of Santander's Spanish and Portuguese life insurance business, the first of its kind in Spain and Portugal
- MoneySupermarket.com Group plc on its acquisition of MoneySavingExpert.com for consideration of up to £87 million