Bryce is a solicitor in the Intellectual Property Disputes team.
Bryce is a commercial litigator assisting clients in complex intellectual property matters, with a particular focus on patent disputes in the life sciences field.
Bryce’s experience includes advising and acting for clients across all aspects of intellectual property, including patents, trade marks, copyright, passing off and consumer law. His practice spans a broad range of sectors, including pharmaceuticals, healthcare, technology, energy, and consumer products.
In addition to his legal credentials, Bryce has qualifications in biology and chemistry. His scientific background allows him to engage with complex scientific subject matter and communicate effectively with a range of clients, experts and other stakeholders.
Bryce holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) with First Class Honours, Bachelor of Science, and Diploma of Languages from the Australian National University.
Bryce is admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria, the Federal Court of Australia, and the High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- Gilead in the Australian arm of global patent infringement and invalidity proceedings relating to its blockbuster HIV treatment
- Biogen in Australian patent litigation relating to its leading multiple sclerosis therapy
- Hanwha in complex Australian patent infringement and invalidity proceedings relating to its solar cell technology
- A major global pharmaceutical company on a key settlement agreement
- A global social media company in trade mark, copyright, consumer law and contractual disputes
- A leading Australian energy company on the validity of patents for carbon capture and storage
- Major consumer products & food brands in trade mark and passing off disputes