Benedict is a solicitor in the firm’s corporate practice advising on a range of corporate transactions.
Benedict assists clients in a variety of corporate transactions, including funds management, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate advisory. Benedict has experience in structuring, negotiating and implementing both domestic and cross-border transactions and has acted for clients across a range of industries, including infrastructure, financial services and real estate.
Benedict holds a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws from the University of Sydney. He is admitted as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- Ampol on the establishment of a A$1.4 billion property trust and the sell down of a 49% interest in the trust to a Charter Hall and GIC consortium.
- Lendlease on the sale of its interest in the Sydney Place development to the Australian Prime Property Fund Commercial.
- Sydney Aviation Alliance on consortium arrangements in connection with its A$32 billion (EV) acquisition of Sydney Airport.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on its A$1.7 billion sell down to KKR of a 55% stake in the Colonial First State superannuation and investment business.
- BINGO Industries Limited on its A$2.3 billion acquisition by MIRA by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia on the merger of its Aussie Home Loans business with online mortgage broker Lendi.