Ben is a solicitor in our corporate practice, specialising in private and public mergers and acquisitions.
Ben advises clients across a range of industries on corporate transactions, including private and public mergers and acquisitions, disposals, restructures, joint ventures, and general corporate advisory. Ben also has experience advising private equity funds on both buy and sell side transactions, as well as portfolio management.
Ben holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts (with Distinction) from the University of New South Wales. He is admitted as a solicitor in the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- Pacific Equity Partners on its successful $400m+ acquisition of Cranky Health, the owner of The Man Shake weight loss products, and its successful bolt-on acquisitions*
- Pacific Equity Partners on the establishment of its single-asset continuation fund of $400m for its education business Up Education, and its successful bolt-on acquisitions*
- Pacific Equity Partners on its proposed $500m+ take private bid for enterprise software company ReadyTech (ASX: RDY)*
- Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners on its proposed $10bn Star of the South offshore windfarm project in Victoria*
- Ares Management Corporation on its acquisition of SLR Consulting Limited from Charterhouse Capital Partners LLP*
*Experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills