Barron M. Flood
Barron M. Flood is a senior associate in the dispute resolution practice.
Barron is a commercial litigator with experience at all stages of the dispute resolution process. He has successfully represented clients in matters before state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels, as well as in domestic and international arbitrations. Additionally, he has experience defending investigations and enforcement actions brought by government regulators. Barron works with clients in a variety of sectors relating to cross-border matters involving the coordination of litigation across multiple jurisdictions.
Barron is based in New York and is admitted to practice law in New York and Pennsylvania.
Barron maintains a robust pro bono practice that has included representing racial justice protestors in a major civil rights litigation in the United States Federal District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma, assisting organizations promoting gun control, assisting low-income individuals with a variety of housing stability issues, and assisting individuals with applications for name changes.
Barron received his J.D. from the University of Pennsylvania Law School and his B.A. in History and Art History from Boston College. During law school, he was elected Editor-in-Chief of the University of Pennsylvania Journal of Constitutional Law and participated in the Civil Practice Clinic.
Experience & expertise
- representing an institutional lender defending claims asserted by more than a dozen privatized military housing development projects seeking to recover hundreds of millions of dollars in allegedly inflated interest rates and fees
- representing an international commodity trading company in disputes arising from the delivery of allegedly off-specification or contaminated fuel oils
- representation of a major European bank in civil litigation relating to alleged manipulation of foreign currency exchange markets
- representation of a European utility company in dispute with consultant in the United States
- preparing amicus briefs to the Supreme Court of the United States and the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit on behalf of industry group representing foreign banks concerning the impact of secondary liability on financial services providers
- representing a New York asset management firm in commercial contract dispute. Prevailed on cross motions to dismiss. Won dismissal of all claims against client and defeated opposing party’s motion. Lead attorney at oral argument*
- representing an individual defendant in multi-party commercial dispute involving alleged misuse of trade secrets. Obtained stay of all proceedings pending resolution of unrelated proceeding just before the start of discovery*
- representing a start-up tech company in a large regulatory investigation. Coordinated multi-firm document collection, review, and production*
- representing a large European financial institution in a high-profile financial fraud case
- representation of various media companies in intellectual property disputes concerning unauthorized use of photographs*
- an Israeli medical device manufacturer in shareholder dispute*
- representing a large Chinese law firm in a breach of fiduciary duty case in New York federal district court*
- representing a K-8 educational institution in employment discrimination lawsuit brought by former employee. Obtained favourable settlement for client at mediation*
- representing transgender minor pro bono in evidentiary hearings on an application for name change. Successfully obtained the relief requested*
*Indicates experience acquired at a previous firm.