Bárbara advises industrial clients and investment funds in M&A transactions of renewable energy and infrastructure, including cross-border transactions. Her practice also includes advising on a wide range of corporate matters. She has advised domestic and international public and private companies on acquisitions, and joint ventures.
Bárbara experience includes:
- DIF on the acquisition of 100% of the concessionaire of Hospital de Vallecas in Madrid, Spain
- JZ International on the sale of its 65% stake of Factor Energía through an auction process
- a private equity firm on the disposal of 65 petrol stations, by means of the transfer of 100% of the share capital of Petrocorner Retail and Kingbook Inversiones to BP Oil España
- Magnum Capital Partners on the acquisition of a majority stake in ITASA, a leading international group in the releaser liners industrial sector
- Sojitz Corporation on all legal aspects in relation to the acquisition of an interest in Regasificadora del Noroeste
Bárbara has a degree in Law and a diploma in International Legal Studies by the Pontifical University of Comillas in Madrid (ICADE) and partially studied at L'Université Libre de Bruxelles (Brussels). She also holds a double LL.M. in Corporate Law from IE Law School.
In addition to Spanish as her native language, Bárbara is highly fluent in French.
Bárbara joined Herbert Smith Freehills in September 2017 as junior associate in the corporate department in the energy and infrastructures sector.
Before joining the firm as a junior associate, she completed a 10 months full-time internship as a trainee lawyer in the Madrid office of Herbert Smith Freehills and a one year full-time internship in the legal department of a Spanish listed company.