Artjom is a Russian-qualified lawyer and the head of the banking and finance practice at Herbert Smith Freehills Moscow office. With 15 years of on-the-ground experience in Russia, Artjom has developed deep knowledge of the local market and has been involved in a significant number of complex projects for many Russian and international banks as well as major corporate clients. His practice focuses on corporate finance in all industry sectors, restructuring and insolvency, project finance, real estate finance, bank regulatory and on financing aspects of M&A transactions. In recent years Artjom has worked extensively with dispute resolution partners to develop cross-border restructuring and debt enforcement and recovery practice, using a combination of transactional and contentious approaches. Artjom's clients benefit from his ability "to see and understand all aspects of problem areas and find excellent alternative solutions".
Artjom has advised:
- Gazprom, Wintershall and E.ON as project sponsors and the project company as borrower on the €1 billion project financing to develop Yuzhno-Russkoye gas field in Western Siberia, Russia (European Gas Deal of the Year, Project Finance International awards 2011; European Oil & Gas Upstream Deal of the Year, Project Finance Magazine awards 2011; EMEA Oil and Gas Deal of the Year, EMEA Finance awards 2011) Click here to read more
- a Japanese company on the US$100 million-plus restructuring of its joint venture with Russian partners engaged in large-unit truck assembly
- international banks (Citigroup, BNP Paribas, Bank of America – Merrill Lynch, Credit Agricole, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Barclays, Societe Generale, The Royal Bank of Scotland, Raiffeisen Bank International, WestLB, Bank of Tokyo – Mitsubishi, Mizuho and others) in regard of all syndicated and bilateral loan facilities (including those that are supported by export receivables) to Russian companies of oil TNK-BP group since 2001 in amount of $15 billion.
- Sinopec Corporation on the US$3.72 billion financing of the share acquisition in Russian oil producer Udmurtneft, and the associated joint venture with Rosneft
- Shtokman Development AG (a project company owned by Gazprom, Total and Statoil) on the project financing of the Shtokman Field gas, LNG and condensate project in Russia located in the Russian sector of the Barents Sea above the Arctic Circle.
Artjom graduated from the International Law faculty of the Moscow State Institute for International Relations. He joined the firm in 2002 and the partnership in 2009.
Prior to joining the firm Artjom spent three years in Clifford Chance in Moscow.