Aoife has defended ASX200 and multinational companies across a variety of sectors in some of Australia’s largest class actions and in complex commercial litigation.
Aoife’s practice covers a range of industries and areas with a particular focus on consumer products, pharmaceuticals, class actions, product liability and contractual and property-related disputes.
Aoife litigious experience includes acting for:
- a car manufacturer in the defence of class action proceedings regarding Takata airbags
- a publicly listed Australian company in a class action regarding warranties on consumer products
- a variety of clients on contractual, property and retail leasing disputes of varying size
- a publicly listed Australian company in a regulatory investigation regarding the financing of consumer products
- Diageo in relation to class action litigation in the Supreme Court of Victoria, Australia regarding the drug thalidomide
- Tabcorp in Federal Court proceedings commenced by AUSTRAC in relation to alleged breaches of AML/CTF laws
- ANZ in the Oswal litigation
- Melbourne Market Authority and the State of Victoria in relation to the defence of a class action by lease holders of the Melbourne Wholesale Fruit and Vegetable Market
- the successful consortium for Phase 1 of the East West Link PPP in Victoria in relation to the enforceability of a Project Agreement
- a publicly listed Australian company in a multi-jurisdictional investigation into potential violations of anti-corruption laws involving regulators and enforcement agencies in Australia (the Australian Federal Police) and the US (the SEC and DOJ)
Aoife’s non –litigious experience includes advising clients on:
- product liability issues, including consumer guarantees, warranties, disclaimers and product recalls
- contractual issues, including distribution arrangements, warranties and indemnities
- development of various compliance policies and programs
Aoife holds a Bachelor of Law (International) (First Class Honours) from the University of Melbourne and University College Dublin, a Masters from the University of Western Australia (Distinction) and a Diploma in Commercial Litigation (Distinction) from the Law Society of Ireland. Aoife has also practised in Ireland.
Recognised in 2019, 2020 and 2021 Doyle’s Guide as a Rising Star in Commercial Litigation.