A solicitor advocate, Antonia practises in dispute resolution with particular expertise in administrative and public law, including public inquiries, judicial review and freedom of information issues. Antonia also advises clients on commercial disputes and contentious regulatory matters.
Antonia acts for both commercial organisations and those exercising public functions. She has worked with clients in numerous sectors including financial services, energy, the water industry, transport, technology, media and telecoms and not-for-profit.
Antonia's experience includes advising:
- an insurance company in its cooperation with the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse
- an executive non-departmental public body in procurement challenges in relation to a large, multi-billion pound transport infrastructure project
- ICBC Standard Bank Plc in relation to the UK's first-ever Deferred Prosecution Agreement, as well as civil claims in the Tanzanian High Court arising from the facts of the Deferred Prosecution Agreement
- a global investment bank on an internal investigation following concerns raised by a whistleblower and related regulatory compliance issues
- Bail for Immigration Detainees on a pro bono basis in relation to its intervention in an appeal before the Supreme Court
Antonia undertook a year-long secondment to the Takeover Panel Executive, working as an Assistant Secretary in its Investigations and Enforcement Team. She has also undertaken secondments to Sky UK and to Herbert Smith Freehills' Dubai office.
Antonia graduated from King's College London with a degree in Law with European Legal Studies before completing the LPC at BPP University. She trained with Herbert Smith Freehills and qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in 2017.