Antonia is a solicitor advocate who advises clients in relation to commercial disputes, specialising in insurance, professional negligence and pensions disputes. She has experience advising in relation to litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution.
In relation to insurance disputes, Antonia is experienced in advising policyholders, brokers and insurers on complex, high-value claims across a range of sectors. She has experience across a broad range of policies including civil liability (PI), D&O, pension trustee liability, cyber, crime/bankers blanket bond, export credit and business interruption. She also advises clients on non-contentious matters such as policy drafting and review.
Antonia's pensions disputes work ranges from defending professional negligence claims against solicitors and pensions intermediaries to advising on major Part 8 claims.
Antonia also advises on complex professional negligence claims outside of the pensions sector, with particular experience in solicitor defence work.
Antonia is ranked as a Rising Star for professional negligence and for pensions disputes in Legal 500 UK 2022 and as an Associate to Watch for pensions Litigation in Chambers 2022.
Antonia's experience includes advising:
- the Financial Conduct Authority in its ground-breaking business interruption test case in the High Court and Supreme Court for losses arising out of COVID-19, as well as various policyholders with COVID-19 claims
- an international financial institution on a claim under its crime/bankers blanket bond policy for a policy limits loss
- a corporate in relation to a significant claim under its professional indemnity policy arising out of its management of an investment fund
- various professional indemnity insurers and solicitor insureds on professional negligence claims
- Lloyds Bank in the GMP equalisation proceedings Lloyds Banking Group Pensions Trustees Limited v Lloyds Bank Plc and others
- the Pension Protection Fund in the Pollock v Reed High Court proceedings