Anthony’s practice encompasses front end advisory work and strategic planning, the management of industrial disputation and change processes through to representing clients in litigation in all of the courts and various tribunals which impact the employment relationship. He has significant experience as an advocate in the Fair Work Commission and its predecessors.
This sits alongside a deep expertise in employment law more generally, from drafting employment contracts to managing complex termination situations and the litigation that flows from them; to enforcing post-employment restrictions in contracts of employment to advising on all manner of discrimination and equal opportunity matters.
He has significant experience working with clients in the Mining & Resources and Oil & Gas sectors.
Anthony has repeatedly been recognised in legal directories including Chambers, Best Lawyers Australia and Doyle’s Guide.
Anthony’s experience includes:
- advising numerous companies involved in the many major construction projects happening or recently completed in the iron ore mining and oil and gas sectors in Western Australia. This has included project owners, EPCM and head contractors and the civil and other contractors engaged on those projects.
- acting for various companies seeking to enforce restrictions on executives post-employment conduct arising from contracts of employment. This interesting area of the law is of critical importance to clients when executives leave and seek to utilise trade connections or confidential information to their former employers detriment.
- advising BHP Billiton Iron Ore on a wide range of matters including enterprise bargaining at various greenfield and brownfield sites; the management of complex fitness for work cases; a whole range of unfair dismissal and general protections claims and industrial relations matters generally
- advising principles and contractors of the Oil and Gas Industry including Chevron and Woodside
- advising and acting for numerous universities around the country, most recently the University of Western Australia