Anthony is Head of the Middle East Projects and Finance group. He specialises in advising governments, sponsors, developers and lenders on infrastructure and energy projects, acquisition and disposition of infrastructure assets, privatisation and project finance. In particular, Anthony has significant experience on large scale power (including renewables) and water projects in the Middle East, Africa, the US, Asia and Latin America.
Anthony advices clients on all aspects of the project lifecycle, including project structuring, corporate, regulatory and permitting issues, as well as drafting and negotiating documentation surrounding concessions, joint ventures, procurement, construction, fuel supply, off-take agreements, operation and finance.
Anthony’s experience includes:
- ENGIE on its bid to acquire a 40% stake in Dubai-listed National Central Cooling Company PJSC (Tabreed) from Mubadala Investment Company (Mubadala)
- the mandated lead arrangers to an international bidder for the DEWA Concentrated Solar Power project in Dubai, UAE - the largest concentrated solar project in the world
- the mandated lead arrangers to an international bidder for the Al Abdaliyah Integrated Solar Combined Cycle power project in Kuwait
- the mandated lead arrangers to an international bidder for the Sweihan solar photovoltaic power project in Abu Dhabi - the largest solar PV project in the world
- an international developer on its potential investment in a refinery project in Oman
- an offtaker on the structuring and tendering of captive solar, biomass and diesel power generation facilities in Saudi Arabia
- Sharjah Environment Company (Bee'ah) on the development and financing of a 30MW waste to energy project to be located in Sharjah, UAE
- Oman Power and Water Procurement Company on the implementation of over 3000MW of power (Ibri and Sohar IPPs) and over 100MIGD of water (Barka and Sohar IWPs) through several independent power and water plants in Suwaiq, Oman
- a Korean investor in connection with a proposed acquisition of minority equity interest in a series of five combined cycle gas turbine projects to be developed in Iran on a BOT basis with Iran's Thermal Power Project Holdings
- the Oman Power and Water Procurement Company on the implementation of an independent power plant in Salalah together with the sale of existing power generation assets in Raysut, Oman amounting to in excess of 500MW
- an investor in the development and financing of a 45MW gas fired independent power plant in Chókwè, Mozambique