Annika advises German and international clients in all aspects of EU and German competition law, in particular (complex) merger control proceedings before the German Federal Cartel Office and the European Commission as well as abuse of dominance cases.
She has a special focus on the sectors TMT, leisure and sport as well as infrastructure with key competence areas in the fields of ports and defence.
Annika's experience includes advising:
- Deutsche Lufthansa on merger control issues in the sale of the European Business of LSG Group to airline caterer gategroup
- a truck manufacturer with a view to cartel follow-on damage claims being brought in Germany
- Event Hospitality & Entertainment Limited (EVT) on merger control issues in the sale of the German cinema chain CineStar to the British Vue International Bidco Plc
- an investment bank on merger control related aspects concerning the acquisition of a German wood collecting company
- a client on merger control related aspects regarding the acquisition of a major German wind park portfolio
Annika graduated from the University of Muenster and gained professional experiences in the UK. During her legal traineeship at the Higher Regional Court Düsseldorf, she worked for leading law firms, publicly traded companies as well as the Federal Cartel Office (Bundeskartellamt).