Anna is a dispute resolution specialist who works with major national and international organisations to strategically manage their intellectual property and consumer law risks and assets, both with and without litigation.
Anna works across a range of industries, but has a particular focus on the TMT, high technology, life sciences and consumer products sectors. She has experience across the full spectrum of IP rights, including patents, trade marks, copyright, designs, confidential information and passing off. Anna also regularly advises clients on consumer law issues, advertising and marketing, including disputes with competitors and regulators. Anna’s experience includes advising on issues in the emerging areas of standard essential patents (SEPs) and FRAND licensing, and consumer data protection.
Anna uses her collaborative and practical approach to quickly identify the key issues and work with clients to achieve outcomes efficiently, cost-effectively and in alignment with her clients’ commercial objectives. She has particular expertise acting for clients in significant multi-jurisdictional litigation matters and understands the additional challenges and opportunities these matters involve.
Significant cases that Anna has been the lead senior associate in include:
- Acting for a global telecommunications equipment company in Federal Court litigation involving allegations of patent and copyright infringement
- Acting for a global life sciences technology company defending patent infringement proceedings in the Federal Court relating to non-invasive prenatal DNA testing
- Regularly acting for a market-leading Australian food and beverage company on a range of intellectual property and consumer law issues
- Acting for a number of major Australian retailers to successfully resolve a number investigations by the ACCC into potential consumer or competition law breaches
- Acting for a global pharmaceutical company in an application for an urgent interlocutory injunction against a competitor
- Acting for a global artificial turf manufacturer in Federal Court of appeal proceedings to successfully defend an opposition to the grant of two patent applications
Anna has also been a key senior associate in a number of cases including:
- Acting for Apple in the Apple v Samsung patent and design litigation relating to tablets and smartphones, and 3G mobile connectivity technology
- Acting for ACPA Pty Ltd and Anchorage Capital Group, L.L.C. in Federal Court proceedings with Anchorage Capital Partners Pty Ltd regarding trade mark infringement
- Acting for Tibra Trading Pty Ltd in Federal Court proceedings regarding copyright and confidential information in high-frequency trading software
As well as her Australian qualifications, Anna has a Masters of Law (Intellectual Property) from the London School of Economics and has completed a secondment to the HSF IP team in London. Anna was also an Associate to a specialist IP Judge of the Federal Court of Australia.