Anna is a highly experienced litigation lawyer who works with major national and international organisations to strategically leverage their IP assets and manage their IP and consumer law risks , both with and without litigation.
Anna has a particular focus on the TMT and high technology sectors, but also regularly works with clients in the life sciences, resources and consumer products sectors. She has experience across the full spectrum of IP rights, including patents, trade marks, copyright, designs, confidential information and passing off. Anna’s experience includes advising on issues in the emerging areas of standard essential patents (SEPs) and FRAND licensing.
Anna also regularly advises clients on consumer law, advertising and marketing issues. More recently, this has included advising clients on issues relating to environmental and sustainability claims and allegations of ‘greenwashing’. She has successfully acted for clients in relation to consumer law disputes with competitors and regulators, including the ACCC, Fair Trading NSW and Ad Standards.
Anna uses her collaborative and practical approach to quickly identify the key issues and work with clients to achieve outcomes efficiently, cost-effectively and in alignment with her clients’ commercial objectives. She has particular expertise acting for clients in significant multi-jurisdictional litigation matters and understands the additional challenges and opportunities these matters involve.
Anna’s experience includes acting for/advising:
- a global telecommunications equipment company in Federal Court litigation involving allegations of patent and copyright infringement
- a global life sciences technology company defending patent infringement proceedings in the Federal Court relating to non-invasive prenatal DNA testing
- an Australian-owned and operated food and beverage company in Federal Court proceedings and Full Court appeal proceedings involving an application for registration of a trade mark and removal of a third party’s trade marks
- a number of clients in relation to complaints to Ad Standards for alleged ‘greenwashing’ advertising, with the complaints successfully dismissed
- a market-leading Australian food and beverage company on a range of intellectual property and consumer law issues
- a number of major Australian retailers to successfully resolve a number investigations by the ACCC into potential consumer or competition law breaches
- an iconic luxury hotel brand in proceedings seeking an urgent interlocutory injunction for trade mark infringement
- Apple in the Apple v Samsung patent and design litigation relating to tablets and smartphones, and 3G mobile connectivity technology
- ACPA Pty Ltd and Anchorage Capital Group, L.L.C. in Federal Court proceedings with Anchorage Capital Partners Pty Ltd regarding trade mark infringement
- Tibra Trading Pty Ltd in Federal Court proceedings regarding copyright and confidential information in high-frequency trading software
Anna is Co-Chair and a founding member of the ChIPs Australia and New Zealand Chapter.
As well as her Australian qualifications, Anna has a Masters of Law (Intellectual Property) from the London School of Economics and has completed a secondment to the HSF IP team in London. Anna was also an Associate to a specialist IP Judge of the Federal Court of Australia.