Anna has extensive experience assisting clients in disputes involving the full spectrum of intellectual property rights, including patents, trade marks, copyright, designs, confidential information and passing off. Anna also regularly advises clients on consumer law issues, advertising and marketing, including disputes with competitors and engagement with the ACCC.
Anna has over 10 years’ experience working with major national and international organisations to strategically manage their IP and consumer law risks and assets, both with and without litigation. Anna works across a range of industries, but has a particular focus on the TMT, life sciences, healthcare, consumer products, mining and high technology sectors. Anna has particular expertise advising and acting for clients in significant multi-jurisdictional litigation.
Significant cases that Anna has been the lead senior associate in include:
- Acting for a global telecommunications equipment company in Federal Court litigation involving allegations of patent and copyright infringement.
- Acting for a global life sciences technology company defending patent infringement proceedings in the Federal Court relating to non-invasive prenatal DNA testing.
Anna has also been a key senior associate in:
- Acting for Apple in the Apple v Samsung patent and design litigation relating to tablets and smartphones, and 3G mobile connectivity technology.
- Acting for ACPA Pty Ltd and Anchorage Capital Group, L.L.C. in Federal Court proceedings with Anchorage Capital Partners Pty Ltd regarding trade mark infringement.
- Acting for Tibra Trading Pty Ltd in Federal Court proceedings regarding copyright and confidential information in high-frequency trading software.
As well as her Australian qualifications, Anna has a Masters of Law (Intellectual Property) from the London School of Economics and has completed a secondment to the HSF IP team in London. Anna was also an Associate to a specialist IP Judge of the Federal Court of Australia.