Anna is a strategic thinker, respected by her clients for her ability to balance their commercial objectives while delivering clear and reasoned legal advice.
Anna has credentials in managing large scale workplace related disputes, prosecutions and investigations, advising on executive contracts and remuneration, managing the employment aspects of corporate transactions, and advising on industrial relations issues. Anna has acted on a range of significant employment, industrial relations and safety matters for clients in mining, construction, financial services, and other sectors.
Anna's recent experience includes:
- advising on multiple fatalities and other workplace incidents in rail, construction, mining, manufacturing, and other sectors, then assisting in the defence of prosecutions alleging breaches of safety legislation, including a prosecution alleging breaches of mines safety legislation causing death
- advising on industrial relations strategy in respect of the construction of major iron ore projects
- advising on the resolution of a complex bonus dispute and associated misconduct allegations
- acting in the conduct of a major investigation into a workplace issue with the potential to impact a major project at a critical phase of its development. Involving multiple witnesses and around 70,000 documents, the matter was conducted to a very high level of forensic detail
- acting for a regulator in prosecuting unlawful industrial action and other breaches of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) in the construction sector
- assisting with proceedings regarding the time at which right of entry to hold discussions under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) can be exercised, before a Full Bench of the Federal Court of Australia
- advising on the management of whistleblowing complaints raised through a client’s whistleblowing hotline, conducting an associated investigation and audit, and advising on associated legal proceedings
Anna graduated from the University of Western Australia in 2003 with a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts. She is a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, and has practised in employment law in the United Kingdom and Australia.