Ann has collaborated with clients on domestic and international disputes across a huge range of large and complex building and civil engineering projects, as diverse as those concerning roads, tunnels, railways, power plants, hospitals, schools, residential and commercial development projects, super yachts, PPP, PFI and defence.
As the construction and infrastructure representative for our India disputes practice, Ann also regularly visits India to work with Indian clients and has acted on a number of India related-disputes.
Ann's expertise is recognised by the leading legal directories, including Chambers UK 2016 where she is "noted for her impressive disputes practice which focuses on complex matters in infrastructure and energy".
Ann is a long standing member of the SCL and TeCSA, of which she was Treasurer and Membership Secretary for 5 years.
Ann's experience includes advising:
- an NHS hospital trust on disputes relating to a PFI scheme for the construction of a flagship hospital, including an adjudication relating to major defects with the water distribution system and nuclear medicine suite
- a waste management consortium in relation to delays and defects to a 25 year PFI project for the provision of waste management and recycling facilities, and advice on entitlement to terminate the construction subcontract
- London Underground in connection with long running disputes arising from substantial multi-million pound delay and disruption claims, and other disputes with a PFI contractor responsible for the design installation and maintenance of a new telecommunications system on the underground network, culminating in a series of arbitrations and a High Court hearing, as well as various other disputes with PPP contractors
- Autolink concessionaires (M6), a funding consortium, in connection with a major UK PFI project for the design, construction, financing and operation of part of the M6 Motorway in Scotland, arising from a long running, high value and high profile defects dispute with the joint venture contractor, successfully litigated in the Scottish courts of Inner and Outer Session
- a major utilities company on a substantial loss and expense claim arising out of a waste water treatment plant in the north of England
Based in London, Ann is a partner in the infrastructure disputes practice and has over 30 years' experience in construction and engineering law. Ann has extensive experience of all forms of dispute resolution, helping both domestic and international clients through her expertise ranging from mediation, adjudication, expert determination and arbitration to high court litigation.
She helps to deliver successful outcomes for a range of clients including public and private developers, funders, international and domestic contractors and subcontractors, and professional consultants.