Angela has a broad commercial litigation practice which encompasses complex contractual disputes, allegations of conspiracy and fraud, defamation and malicious falsehood, breach of confidence and class actions. Many of her cases are international in nature.
Angela has experience in all forms of dispute resolution, including litigation, arbitration and mediation, and she also advises on internal investigations. She acts for a range of corporate and individual clients, including the media and telecommunications, consumer products and financial services sectors.
Angela has particular expertise in reputation management matters, from pre-publication advice to litigation. She is listed as a Key Lawyer in this field in the Legal 500 UK 2021.
Angela’s experience includes:
- successfully defending a member of the Bahraini royal family against a multi-million dollar High Court claim for breach of contract
- advising VEON on its strategic approach to the settlement and renegotiation of the framework arrangements for the multi-jurisdictional digital transformation of its IT business support systems
- advising certain directors of the Stobart Group in relation to defamation and malicious falsehood claims brought against them by a former director
- working on an independent investigation into Bell Pottinger in relation to its account for Oakbay, a South African conglomerate
- obtaining third-party disclosure orders before the English and US courts in support of defamation claims against anonymous wrongdoers
Angela graduated from the University of Cambridge with a first class degree in History. She is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales and has rights of audience before the civil higher courts. During her time at Herbert Smith Freehills, she has completed secondments to the firm’s Dubai office and as a Judicial Assistant in the Civil Division of the Court of Appeal.