Angela is a Senior Associate in the Technology, Media & Telecommunications and Data team. Angela advises clients across various sectors on a broad range of data protection and privacy matters and on commercial matters. She has experience working on various projects, including technology projects, mergers and acquisitions, and data protection compliance programmes including in relation to GDPR compliance, data sharing, cross-border data transfers and data subject rights as well as issues arising from direct marketing and other related activities.
Prior to joining the firm, Angela worked as a senior lawyer at a FTSE 250 company. During her five years there, she advised on a wide variety of commercial agreements and was involved in many technology and business transformation projects as well as a number of strategic acquisitions and investments. Angela also frequently dealt with data protection queries from all areas of the business and from consumers, and often encountered novel commercial arrangements involving complex personal data relationships and transfers.
Angela's experience includes advising:
- a commercial banking group in Asia on its global GDPR compliance project
- various clients in relation to discrete data protection queries under the GDPR and UK GDPR, including in relation to security breaches, regulatory investigations, data processing activities and cross-border data transfers
- a FTSE 250 organisation on a diverse range of day-to-day data protection implications of operating a group of digital businesses involving established consumer-facing websites
- an education technology start-up on its strategic commercial agreements for the development and provision of online education courses
- an electric vehicle charging solutions provider on its key partnership agreements with car manufacturers and mobile app operators