Andrew works with issuers and underwriters on offerings of a wide range of debt and equity-linked securities. With substantial international experience, he has helped clients on capital markets transactions in most major financial centres and many emerging markets. He also specialises in Islamic finance.
Andrew has more than 30 years experience in international capital markets. His practice spans the full spectrum of debt capital markets products, including investment grade bonds, MTNs and ECP , sovereign and quasi-sovereign issues, emerging market issues, regulatory capital, liability management, equity-linked bonds, structured bonds, project bonds, high-yield bonds and Sukuk.
His expertise in debt capital markets is highlighted by listings in Chambers UK as a leading individual, which describe him as ‘very calm in a crisis’ and ‘very experienced and practical’. Legal 500 UK also lists Andrew as a leading individual, noting his ‘great experience and technical expertise’.
Andrew's experience includes acting for:
- Republic of Ghana on its issue of US$1 billion 7.625% Amortising Notes due 2029 and US$1 billion 8.627% Amortising Notes due 2049 (acting for the Managers)
- E.S.L.A. PLC, sponsored by Republic of Ghana, on the establishment of its GHS10 billion Guaranteed MTN programme and drawdowns under the Programme of amortising notes funded by petrol taxes (acting for the International Placing Agents)
- Severn Trent on the maintenance and annual updates of its €6 billion EMTN programme and issuances thereunder and on the tender offer of its €700 million 5.25% Guaranteed Notes due 2016 and £200 million 5.25% Notes due 2014 (acting for the Issuer)
- VE Sonnedix Finance SA on its issue of €74 million 3.429% Guaranteed Senior Secured Notes due 2036 (acting for the Managers)
- Bazalgette Finance plc on the establishment and ongoing maintenance of its £10 billion asset backed multi-currency programme and its issuances thereunder (acting for the Issuer)