Andrew has acted across a number of sectors, with particular focus on natural resources and energy. He has worked extensively on mining and energy finance transactions both domestically and internationally, including experience across numerous African jurisdictions, including Burkina Faso, Senegal, Guinea, Ghana and Kenya.
Andrew's experience incudes:
- acted for the lenders (ANZ, BNP Paribas and Westpac) on the project financing of Dacian Gold’s Mt Morgans gold project.
- acted for the lenders (BNP Paribas, Citibank and Westpac) on the secured corporate finance facility provided to Saracen Mineral Holdings.
- acted for Woodside Petroluem Limited on a loan facility provided by Eksport Kreditt Norway, with credit support from DNB and GIEK (Norwegian ECA).
- acted for Synergy and GE on the financing of Stage 2 of the Greenough River Solar Farm in Western Australia.
- acted for the lenders (ANZ, BNP Paribas, HSBC and Westpac) on the project finance facility for Sirius Resources’ Nova nickel-copper project in Western Australia
Andrew graduated from the University of Western Australia in with a Bachelor of Laws (Distinction) and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours). He has also completed a Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance.
After commencing his career in the Perth office of Herbert Smith Freehills, Andrew spent 4 years in the firm’s Melbourne office. Prior to returning to the Perth office in 2014, Andrew spent two years working with a top-tier finance firm in Paris.