Andrew has experience assisting a number of leading corporations and government departments in relation to disputes arising in the energy, infrastructure and mining industries. Andrew has experience in judicial proceedings, arbitrations, mediations, expert determinations and applications under security of payment legislation.
Andrew’s recent experience includes assisting:
- a major energy provider in relation to proceedings commenced by the Australian Energy Regulator
- a distribution network service provider in relation to its engagement with the Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements
- a leading corporation in relation to a dispute concerning the construction and operation of a wind farm
- a distribution network service provider in relation to claims made by numerous contractors under maintenance and construction contracts arising from a force majeure event
- a project company in relation to a dispute arising out of a large scale infrastructure project
- a government department in relation to a dispute arising out of a complex construction project
- a government department in relation to a dispute arising out of a State-wide road infrastructure project
Andrew holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from Murdoch University.
Andrew was admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Western Australia and holds a practising certificate in New South Wales. Andrew is also admitted on the Register of Practitioners with the High Court of Australia.
Prior to joining HSF, Andrew worked at the State Solicitor’s Office of Western Australia for over 6 years where he focused on construction and infrastructure disputes arising out of public works projects.