Based in Bangkok, Andrew specializes in resolving complex, cross-border disputes in Asia. He works with clients across a range of sectors, including energy, financial services and telecommunications.
Andrew has acted for clients in international arbitrations under various rules (including ICC, LCIA, SIAC, UNCITRAL and TAI) and seated in a variety of jurisdictions. He also advises clients on litigation in various jurisdictions, as well as mediation and front-end dispute avoidance.
Andrew has previously worked in the London and Hong Kong offices.
Andrew's experience includes advising:
- a Thai satellite telecommunications provider in an UNCITRAL arbitration seated in Hong Kong in relation to a dispute arising from a satellite sharing agreement
- a leading Japanese industrial and power boiler construction company in Thai Arbitration Institute (TAI) proceedings relating to an incident in Thailand
- a leading global interdealer broker in TAI proceedings regarding breach of a shareholders agreement
- a leading Thai oil and gas exploration and production company in TAI proceedings and parallel Thai court injunction proceedings against a transportation services company
- international energy companies in a SIAC arbitration concerning a joint venture dispute
Andrew graduated in Law from the University of Edinburgh, and joined Herbert Smith Freehills in 2015. He is admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales, and is proficient in Mandarin Chinese.