Andrew is widely recognised as an expert in the regulatory sphere. His opinion pieces are published in the country’s most respected financial press and his journal articles have been cited favourably in judicial decisions and speeches.
Clients praise Andrew for being able to strike up the perfect balance between providing detailed technical advice of the highest calibre and approaching his clients’ businesses in a “level headed”, “comforting” and “measured” manner.
Andrew’s wide range of experience includes acting on the following matters:
- NAB, in relation to the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry
- a global investment bank in relation to criminal cartel proceedings concerning an institutional placement by an ASX-listed entity
- two Australian superannuation trustees in relation to civil penalty proceedings commenced by ASIC
- Citi, in its successful defence of the landmark Federal Court proceedings brought by ASIC alleging a failure to adequately manage conflicts of interest and insider trading
- the RBA’s subsidiary, Note Printing Australia, in proceedings brought under Australia’s foreign bribery provisions
- an Australian bank in relation to an ASIC investigation concerning fees charged for ongoing financial advice
- NAB, in the successful defence of the $50 billion Idoport litigation
- Ausgrid, Endeavour Energy and Essential Energy, in Competition Tribunal proceedings successfully challenging the Australian Energy Regulator’s revenue determination
Andrew holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Economics degree from the University of New South Wales. He is admitted to practice as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of NSW and the High Court of Australia.
Andrew was named by his peers as one of the best litigators in Australia in Best Lawyers in Australia in each year from 2013 to 2018. He is recognised by Chambers Asia Pacific as a leading lawyer in relation to Financial Services Regulation, Disputes Resolution and Anti-bribery and corruption, and by Asia Pacific Legal 500 as a leading individual in relation to Regulatory Compliance and Investigations.