Andrew advises on a broad range of commercial litigation matters, focusing on company, directors' duties and insolvency litigation, finance litigation and shareholder and joint venture disputes (including disputes in the context of complex corporate or transactional structures).
Andrew is also asked by clients to advise in the context of potential litigation arising out of complex refinancings and restructurings, often with a cross-border element.
Andrew acts for a blue-chip client list, including hedge funds, administrators, banks, large professional services firms and listed corporates.
Andrew has been ranked as a "Rising Star" by Legal 500 UK (2021) in Commercial Litigation: Premium, for the second year in a row.
Andrew's experience includes:
- successfully defending Goldman Sachs in a US$1.2 billion claim brought by the Libyan Investment Authority ( EWHC 2530 (Ch)) in relation to a series of equity derivatives transactions, featuring allegations of undue influence and unconscionable bargain
- advising a founding member of Charterhouse private equity on challenges to an amendment of the Articles of Association and the subsequent forced sale of his shares
- advising EY as Administrators of international telecommunications group Nortel EMEA in relation to complex cross border disputes
- acting for Patrick McKillen in significant shareholder and unfair prejudice dispute over Claridge's, The Berkeley and Connaught hotels
- advised VEON on its strategic approach to the settlement (valued at US$350 million) and renegotiation of the framework arrangements for its 10-year, cross border project with Ericsson for the transformation of its IT business support systems (BSS) in 6 of its operating companies
- acting for Sea Trucks Group Limited (in Liquidation) and related entities in relation to ongoing multinational disputes with the former management, shareholder and associate company of the group, resulting in over 100 proceedings worldwide
Andrew holds an MA (Cantab) in Law from Downing College, Cambridge. He is a qualified Solicitor Advocate, having trained at the firm and then joined its disputes team as an associate in 2011.