Amelia advises clients on project and infrastructure finance matters. Her experience includes advising on financing of:
- battery energy storage systems, electric vehicles and charging infrastructure as well as solar and wind generation projects and traditional power projects;
- public private partnerships in sectors such as rail, roads, healthcare, prisons and other social infrastructure; and
- other infrastructure such as ports, airports, electricity transmission networks and mobile phone towers.
- Amelia also advises in relation to the financing for the acquisition of infrastructure assets.
Amelia’s recent experience includes advising:
- Genex on the project financing of the stand-alone 50MW/100MWh Bouldercombe battery energy storage system project, being developed in Bouldercombe, Central Queensland
- Edify Energy on the project financing of the combined 150MW/300MWh Riverina and Darlington Point battery energy storage systems, being developed in South West NSW
- the CEFC in connection with the financing of Australia’s first electrified bus fleet and associated battery and charging infrastructure by Zenobe and Transgrid which was also supported by a $5 million ARENA grant
- the senior lenders on the project financing of the Darlington Point solar farm in New South Wales
- the successful consortium on the A$5.5 billion limited recourse financing package for its A$10.258 billion acquisition of the TransGrid high voltage electricity transmission network from the NSW Government, and for TransGrid in relation to its ongoing financing arrangements
- the borrower in respect of financing for the Sunshine Coast Airport
- advising the project company in relation to the $2.5 billion refinancing and other ongoing aspects of the new Royal Adelaide Hospital PPP
- the NSW Department of Family and Community Services and NSW Treasury in relation to the establishment of the A$1.1 billion NSW Social and Affordable Housing Fund and on financing aspects of the procurement process
Amelia holds a Bachelor of Laws / Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) from the University of New South Wales. She joined Freehills in 2005.
Amelia has been named as a ‘rising star’ in Project Finance in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 rankings since 2017 and was voted by peers as one of Australia's Best Lawyers in The Best Lawyers in Australia for her work in Banking and Finance Law, Energy Law and Project Finance and Development Practice.