Amanda specialises in aircraft financing, leasing and restructuring transactions for banks, financial institutions, operating lessors and airlines.
Her experience includes a range of aircraft transactions, including commercial and export credit financing, operating leases, and aircraft sale and novation transactions.
She also gained insight into internal banking requirements and compliance following a secondment to the aviation desk of a leading French bank.
Amanda's experience includes advising:
- NWS Holdings on aircraft financing and leasing issues on its acquisition of a 40% stake in Goshawk Aviation
- a syndicate of Korean and Taiwanese banks for the lease of four A320s to two Chinese airlines
- a French bank for the Japanese Operating Leases with Call Option (JOLCO) financing of one B737-MAX8 aircraft to be leased to an Indonesian airline
- various operating lessors in restructuring their leasing portfolios from a lessor-owned French vehicle to an airline-owned French vehicle for aircraft leased to Indonesian airlines
- a Japanese bank in the financing of two engines to be leased to an Indonesian airline
Amanda holds bachelor's degree in arts and law from the University of New South Wales. She was admitted as a solicitor of the NSW Supreme Court in 2011, as a barrister and solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand in 2015, and as a solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales in 2018.
Amanda completed a two-year judicial associateship with the President of the NSW Court of Appeal.