Álvaro has advised both national and international clients on the acquisition of real estate assets (e.g. shopping centres, office buildings and logistic warehouses) and real estate owned (REOs) portfolios.
He has experience in sale and leaseback transactions, in drafting commercial lease agreements and he has comprehensive due diligence skills.
Álvaro's experience includes advising:
- Banco Santander, BBVA, Banco Popular and some of their affiliates on the contribution of real estate assets to Testa Residencial SOCIMI within the framework of a share capital increase via in kind contributions*
- Metrovacesa on a share capital increase via in kind contributions of plots owned by Banco Santander, BBVA, Banco Popular and some of their affiliates*
- Banco Santander and Banco Popular on the sale to Blackstone of the majority of its real estate exposure via the incorporation of a joint venture*
- Banco Sabadell on the sale to Cerberus of the majority of its real estate exposure via the incorporation of a joint venture*
- Banco Sabadell on the sale to Intrum Holding Spain of an 80% interest in Solvia Servicios Inmobiliarios*
*Experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Álvaro has a double degree in Law and Business awarded by the Universidad Carlos III in Madrid, and a master's Degree in Access to Law awarded by the same university.
Before joining the Madrid office, he previously worked in the real estate practice of a recognized law firm for two years and a half.