Allison has litigated lawsuits in both civil law and common law jurisdictions involving claims for consumer fraud, negligence, business torts and product liability. She has served as first- or second-chair trial counsel in multiple trials.
In addition to her litigation expertise, Allison has advised multinational clients in connection with internal and regulatory investigations arising under international anti-corruption and anti-bribery laws, as well as "whistleblower" complaints. She also regularly counsels global clients in connection with the U.S. law aspects of cross-border transactions, including risk avoidance and mitigation strategies, sanctions, regulatory considerations, and compliance issues.
Allison's experience includes working abroad for several years in London and Hong Kong. She has represented clients in the consumer products, oil and gas, banking, securities brokerage and aviation industries, among others.
Allison is admitted to practice in the federal and state courts of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, and Washington State, and in the federal district court of the District of Columbia. She is a member of the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation, the American Bar Association (China and Asia-Pacific sections; International Law Committee), the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, the National Filipino American Lawyers Association (Board Member, 2016 - present), the Asian American Bar Association of New York and the Filipino American Lawyers Association of New York.
Allison's experience includes:
- defending a London-based securities broker in an action filed in New York state court by a BVI securities lender, alleging over US$20 million in damages for alleged negligent misrepresentation, gross negligence and breach of contract
- obtained on behalf of a British manufacturer the dismissal on summary judgment of a long-standing class action antitrust lawsuit in Kansas state court, which was affirmed on appeal
- achieved dismissal on jurisdictional grounds of a Philippines holding company in an action filed in Delaware federal court alleging tortious interference with a share purchase agreement for a deal valued in the tens of millions of dollars
- represented an international oil producer in a lawsuit filed in the federal court of the District of Columbia, seeking hundreds of millions of dollars in damages to the oil producer for tortious interference with and breach of contract, defamation, and negligence arising out of its production activities at several oil fields in Africa
- assisted in securing a defense judgment following a U.K. trial against a global Chinese oil producer and its U.K. and Hong Kong subsidiaries for claims of tort and breach of contract under New Jersey law
- provides sanctions and regulatory advice to various Chinese and Russian energy conglomerates in connection with contemplated acquisitions or joint ventures in the U.S.
- defended a global investment bank in a large-scale anti-corruption investigation centered in Hong Kong, involving multiple governmental authorities in different jurisdictions across Asia and in the U.S.
- lead an Asia-based internal anti-corruption investigation into unauthorized managerial practices at an international consulting company
- defended an international oil producer in connection with an arbitration seated in the Middle East
- defeated class certification and obtained dismissal of the largest putative class action lawsuit filed in Israel at the time, which sought nearly US$20 billion for allegedly deceptive advertising and packaging of a consumer product under Israeli consumer fraud statutes
- second-chaired the trial team that secured a defense verdict for a British manufacturer in a healthcare recoupment case in Missouri state court involving claims by dozens of hospitals for more than US$450 million in compensatory damages for claimed economic harm, in addition to punitive damages
Allison is listed in The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers 2012, Who's Who Legal 100 2012, and The International Who's Who of Product Liability Defense Lawyers 2011. She also has been recognized for her work in the Expert Guides: The Legal Media Group Guides to the World's Leading Lawyers for Litigation and Products Liability (2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016) (biennial publication), Expert Guides: The Legal Media Group Guides to the World's Leading Lawyers for Women in Business Law (2013), The Legal 500 UK (2009 and 2010), and Chambers UK (2009).