Alison has experience working on complex commercial matters and large public inquiries, including a Royal Commission. Alison has previously acted for companies, directors, government and other institutions.
Alison’s experience includes:
- assisting a large charitable organisation in its response to a Royal Commission
- acting for a company director in a proceeding alleging insolvent trading
- assisting organisations in managing potential defamation claims
- acting for a major educational institution, including in relation to a breach of contract dispute
- responding to various judicial review proceedings brought against government Ministers in both Australia and the UK.
Alison was educated at the University of Melbourne (Bachelor of Arts and Juris Doctor) and the London School of Economics (Master of Laws – International Business Law, with Distinction). Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Alison gained diverse experience as a commercial and public law litigator through her roles as a Judge’s Associate at the Federal Court of Australia, a lawyer in the UK public service (Australian qualified) and a solicitor at an Australian law firm. She is admitted to practice in all Australian jurisdictions.