Alison has broad experience conducting complex investigations involving multiple jurisdictions and regulatory authorities, and in a range of subject matters including insider trading, market manipulation, continuous disclosure obligations, misleading conduct, sponsor duties, money laundering, and anti-bribery and corruption.
Alison has also advised on litigation and arbitration proceedings across a range of industry sectors including financial services, energy and resources, media, telecommunications, and consumer goods.
Alison spent two years on secondment to the in-house litigation teams of Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, and Deutsche Bank, where she advised on disputes and regulatory matters across Asia-Pacific, including Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Korea, Japan, Thailand, the Philippines, India, Indonesia and Australia.
Alison has worked in Sydney, Hong Kong, and London.
Alison’s experience includes advising:
- a global investment bank defending a misselling claim in relation to a swap in the High Court of England and Wales
- an international retail bank on a cross-border regulatory investigation into suspected money laundering
- an asset manager on an internal investigation into whistleblower allegations of insider trading
- asset recovery proceedings following a civil fraud judgment in the High Court of England and Wales
- a global investment bank defending a contract claim in relation to custody services in the High Court of Hong Kong
Alison has a Bachelor of Laws with Honours (First Class) and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Sydney.
She is qualified in Australia, and England and Wales.