Alison has broad experience conducting complex investigations involving multiple jurisdictions and regulatory authorities, and in a range of subject matters including insider trading, market manipulation, continuous disclosure obligations, misleading conduct, sponsor duties, money laundering, and anti-bribery and corruption.
Alison has also advised on litigation proceedings across a range of industry sectors including financial services, energy and resources, media and telecommunications, and consumer goods.
Alison spent two years on secondment to the in-house litigation teams of Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs, and Deutsche Bank, where she advised on disputes and regulatory matters across Asia-Pacific, including Hong Kong, China, Singapore, Korea, Japan, Thailand, the Philippines, India, Indonesia and Australia.
Alison has worked in Sydney, Hong Kong, and London.
Alison’s experience includes advising:
- a global bank in relation to an investigation by ASIC into alleged insider trading
- a fund manager defending a market manipulation claim in the Federal Court
- a global investment bank in relation to an investigation by AUSTRAC into alleged reporting breaches
- a company in relation to an investigation by the ACCC into alleged cartel conduct and concerted practices
- various public companies in relation to schemes of arrangement
- an international retail bank on a cross-border regulatory investigation into suspected money laundering
- asset recovery proceedings following a civil fraud judgment in the High Court of England and Wales
- a global investment bank defending a contract claim in relation to custody services in the High Court of Hong Kong
Alison has a Bachelor of Laws with Honours (First Class) and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Sydney.
She is qualified in Australia, and England and Wales.